Why use mediation?
If you are facing separation or divorce, or need to change existing agreements, family mediation can help you sort arrangements for children, property, finance and other important matters:
- It is much quicker, less stressful and usually cheaper than heading straight to court
- It enables you to shape long-term solutions that are in your family’s best interests
- It allows families to keep control of their own decisions
Due to recent changes in government thinking, family mediation is becoming the preferred method to resolve and prevent family disputes, especially where children are involved. Agreements that have been freely negotiated can help restore communication, understanding and trust.
- Family Mediation helps you resolve conflict and reach agreement on all issues surrounding separation, divorce or common-law.
- It is a voluntary and confidential process which helps you reach joint decisions without the use of courts.
- It offers you a safe, neutral place where you and your ex-partner can meet with an impartial mediator to work out plans for the future.
- Mediators do not tell you what to do but help you look at different options for sorting things out, so that you reach your own agreements about all aspects, including arrangements for children, finances and property.
If you are seeking family mediation please use this link to go to our family mediation intake